Friday, May 20, 2011

What the Focus?!


As I continue to go through life, I'm finding it harder to focus. You watch all these movies, and they seem to be able to do it just fine, but movies lapse the TRUE length of time they are supposed to be focused. They capture the interesting parts, not the boring parts. I guess the reason is something similar to how mainstream media/music only focus on the rich and the wealthy-looking. They don't show that they rented those cars and pieces of jewelry.

Let's be honest, being and staying focused is boring. It sucks. You miss out on going out with friends, spending your money on stupid shit like a larger TV, a new external hard drive, amp for your car. For those people that are attempting to make something bigger happen with their lives, they know exactly what I'm talking about. We work our butts off for results that might not even happen. You are working to "see if it will really work out." You infuse it with positivity, even though in the back of your head, you're thinking, "Oh shit."

As I begin to walk through a new phase of my life (something I worked hard to achieve), I find myself saying "Oh shit." I have been doing so many things at once for so long that to try to fathom just focusing on one thing seems impossible. In fact, I don't even know how to do that. So I have to continue doing what I do best. Taking a deep breath, and pretending that this is exactly what is supposed to happen. Every time something unexpected happens, take the moment in, and say "ok" and keep it going. "I KNEW that would happen. How unamusing."

No comments:

Post a Comment